Tuition and Affording The Cost
A St. Michael’s Academy education is the best investment you can make for your child’s future and an investment that will pay dividends throughout their entire life. Graduates have a solid foundation for high school and beyond and go on to be productive, successful members of the community.
St. Michael’s makes every effort to keep its tuition as affordable as possible. The most affordable method of payment is the monthly installment plan which is divided up over 11 months and runs July through May.
Tuition amounts do not reflect the actual cost to St. Michael’s Academy to educate each individual student. It costs the school $6,911 per student which is far more than the $4,700 charged. We rely heavily on the generosity of our donors as well as the two major school fund raising events that are held each year. These include our annual Walk-a-thon and our Calendar Raffle.
Help With Tuition Costs
Help with tuition is available from a variety of resources:
- The Diocese of Springfield and St. Michael’s Academy provide assistance for qualifying families of students in grades kindergarten through grade 8. These grants are financially based but household expenses are also taken into consideration along with income. Most grants range from $850 to $1,100 per student per year. The application for tuition grants can be submitted through the FACTS tuition payment website where you would set up your automated payment plan. Please click on the button to the right. The Diocese and St. Michael’s use the same application so it is only necessary to submit one application but it is necessary to submit it on an annual basis in order to update information. Please note that tuition assistance is typically not available for preschool students as this is considered daycare.
- If you are Catholic and active in your Church, many Pastors will also give their parishioners tuition grants as well. You will need to contact your Pastor to see if that is an option from your Church. A form is available from St. Michael’s to bring to your Pastor.
- Your payment account will remain open every year and you are able to log in at any time to update information or review your payment schedule and amounts. You will also have the option of making larger sum payments during the school year to bring the cost of your monthly payments down. These payments should be brought directly to the school and will be applied to your FACTS account. Your monthly payments would automatically be recalculated.
Tuition for the 2022-23 school year:
Kindergarten through Grade 8
1st Child ……………….. $4,700
2nd Child ………………. $4,500
3rd Child ……………….. $4,300
4th Child ………………. No Charge
Preschool Program (Ages 3 and 4)
Offers full-week and limited partial week options
5 full days ……………………………………………………….$5,900
5 full days with sibling attending SMA ……….$5,650
3 full days, Monday/Wednesday/Friday……….$4,200
2 full days, Tuesday/Thursday ………………………$3,140
Tuition amounts do not increase with grade levels.
Tuition Payment Options:
- Payment in full by July 31st. There is no fee for this option and payment should be made directly to the school.
- Bi-annual Payment Plan which would be done through the FACTS tuition payment plan and be automatically deducted in July and December.
- 11 Month Payment Plan – most popular choice. Payments would be automatically deducted using the FACTS tuition payment plan and would occur once per month from July through May. You will have a choice of payments being deducted on the 5th or the 20th of each month when you set up your payment account.